Is counseling right for you?
Relational therapy offers couples an opportunity to explore their expectations and challenges together and find ways to improve their relationship. During relational therapy, we explore family-of-origin issues, past traumas and blind spots and I offer insight to help the couple overcome current challenges in the relationship. My experience and training has provided me with the right skills to unravel relational impasses and provide coaching to move towards a satisfying relationship.
In my cutting edge relational therapy, I provide couples with skills to manage different life transitions, namely:
- Pre-commitment and pre-marital counseling to explore strengths and challenges to create a healthy relationship contract
- Exploring unique challenges of gay, lesbian and bisexual couples
- Addressing possible challenges in interfaith and intercultural relationships
- Learning better communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Supporting and coaching couples through transition to parenthood – prenatal, postpartum adjustment and challenges of infertility treatment and pregnancy loss
- Providing creative ways for dual career couples to improve communication and enhance intimacy
- Offering supportive and sensitive therapy for couples dealing with chronic and major illnesses
- Helping couples create relationship contracts around monogamy and polyamory
- Supporting and coaching couples through aging, retirement and empty nest stages of life
What can you expect in couples counseling?
Simply put, couples counseling can help you to discover the best way to meet both your individual needs and your needs as a couple. Through fostering open communication and conflict resolution, couples counseling with me can move you and your ‘system’ in a renewed healthier direction. If you and your partner have tried handling a situation on your own, or through side conversations with friends and family members, and you’re still feeling stuck, couples counseling may be the answer.